Even though Werner Spinner has returned to headquarters in Köln from his whirlwind tour of duty to the USA, the magic of archived radio shows allows for all those interested in getting some insight into the club’s Indianapolis venture can now listen to Spinner’s sports-radio interview as part of FM107.5/AM 1070 The Fan’s (why are so many sports-radio stations called “The Fan”?) Soccer Saturday program.
If you wish to skip to the relevant section, you’ll need to get to the 20-minute mark.
In a nine-minute chat, Spinner discusses:
- a new effzeh fan club in Indianapolis
- growth of the game in the US since Spinner lived near Indianapolis in Elkhart
- potential benefits of a relationship between the FC and Indianapolis’ NASL soccer team Indy Eleven
- an increase of Bundesliga visibility through the new Fox broadcasting deal
- his job as club president
- competing with Bayern
- American players in the Bundesliga
- his other stops while in the Indianapolis area
You want more details, listen to the Soundcloud file! He (obviously) speaks in English and does so with only a hint of an accent.
As a bonus, you get to hear host Greg Rakestraw deliver what might be Indianapolis radio’s first American-accented rundown of the top of the Bundesliga table.
Latest posts by Planet Effzeh News (see all)
- FC Loses Goalkeeper to Transfer Action (not the one you know, though) - June 1, 2016
- Kevin Vogt Heading to Hoffenheim - May 30, 2016
- Konstantin Rausch Moves to Müngersdorf (for free!) - May 25, 2016